My friend Lisa, at Confessions of a Karate Mom, has tagged me. I 'm supposed to tag eight other bloggers, but I don't know any other bloggers. Okay, so I visit other blogs, but I'm not going to tag Eva Marie Everson or Steven James. I need to get out more.
I've decided to go ahead with the Eight Things, so here are the rules. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I'm a tapper. I tap fingers, nails, toes, heels, wrists. on any surface available. It drives people nuts. In high school I also blew on my finger tips and my friend, Sandy, would make fun of me for it. My doctor thinks I was ADHD growing up. I wish I could tap dance.
2. I express myself better in written form than verbally. There, I said it. Whew! Now you know.
3. I am a very tactile person, meaning I love to touch things - especially fabric (the men's department in department stores has the softest clothes!). God forbid I'm let loose in a fabric store without an agenda. I spend the day touching the fabric. My favorite is blouse weight silk, charmeuse and china silk. Oh! Sand washed silk. And I run my fingers along walls and other surfaces everywhere I go - it's a conscious effort not to.
4. Being tactile doesn't mean I like to be touched. I have very sensitive skin (I bruise easily) and everything feels invasive. I love to scratch Chris' back, but I don't like the favor returned. Hugs are good - firm, solid. Nothing that can tickle or hurt though. Don't touch me! :) Seriously, it's not as bad as all that, but I am peculiar about it.
5. I LOVE to travel! Planes, trains and automobiles. Boats, not so much. Sometimes the kids and I will get in the car and just drive. Nothing is more exciting than a road trip! The planning, the packing, the food (ok, maybe not the food), the people on the other end and in between, seeing home at the end of it. BRING IT ON!!!
6. Projects drive me. Give me a smocking project, a floor to tile, walls to paint, and I'm all about accomplishing those tasks. Seeing the finished product.
7. Along those same lines, I love to iron and polish silver. Nothing is more satisfying than transforming something that's hopelessly tarnished or wrinkled into smooth perfection!
8. Last, certainly not least, I crave the written word. I want to soak up as much information as possible, turn it into something useful, appreciate it for what it is, determine what's practical and what's simply beautiful, striving to find the balance in absorbing both. Mmmmmm! Good!
So sad that I'm not tagging anyone. Oh! I'm tagging my daughter, Mae! Candace and Margo, start blogs, will ya? :)
Until I write again ...
If I started it a blog it would look something like this:
"AAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!! I'm re-teaching myself advanced math this week. I feel stupid.
In other news, my new DVD of Batman: the Animated Series came in. Can't wait to watch it. Oh! That reminds me. I hear Ratatouille is very, very good. MUST watch that too."
See? All stress and movies. Such is my life. :P
If you really want to know a habit, I still bite my nails. I'm a lot better at it than I used to be; I can now grow them out occasionally, but it never lasts long.
By a lot better at it, I thought you meant you'd devised a way to chew your nails before they grew. :)
So start a movie blog. Focus on animation.
The kids want to see ratatoiulle. I can't spell. And I don't like eggplant stew.
Good list! Come visit me and you can say that you know another blogger ;o)
I found you from my bestest friend Lisa
Post a Comment