THIS IS NOT A MEME!!!
I feel better now. :) I was reading Lisa's most recent post over at Confessions of a Karate Mom and thought, "What a great post it would be to list things that give me the heebie jeebies!" Here's the kicker: I want to hear what gives YOU the heebie jeebies, too. Please? Feel free to leave them in the comment section, or to post your own list (one day when you're in a posting funk).
I'm always amazed, reading other people's blogs, at the things we humans have in common. Things that tend to make me feel unique. And I'm reading along and think, "Oh look! Someone else is unique like me!" Yeah. So today I'm going to post things that might make you feel unique like me. :)
1. Eating sounds. I was reading a post by Mike Adamick, all about eating, and it reminded me how much I HATE The sound of eating. Ew. Eating with mouth open, sipping, slurping, chomping, smacking - most eating and drinking sounds completely gross me out. My poor kids have to deal with psycho mom when they eat, but I usually say, "Okay, it's just me, and I hate that noise, but PLEASE be quiet when you eat."
2. My hunny reminded me this morning that spiders on the ceiling totally wig me out. In Florida these humongous wolf spiders would get into the house. I wouldn't see a one till it was bedtime and I'd be laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, looking for the patterns (you know what I'm talking about), and see one. The biggest wolf spider ever known to mankind. Hovering. Just above my head. Waiting. For me to turn off the light. So it could drop on my face. And I wouldn't sleep till Hunny got the broom and killed it. Then killed it again. Ew.
3. People who mispronounce things give me the heebie jeebies. Yes, yes they do. Come on, people, say it right.
4. There are certain textures that will creep me out. Biting into a mushroom does it. Anything slimy. Or that springs back in my mouth unexpectedly. When I was a kid, sticky things. I wouldn't eat glazed donuts because they were sticky and I'd have to lick my fingers. I got over that one, though. :) Krispy Kreme - mmmmm.
5. Okay, spiders in general. When I was a kid, I was the one who'd kill all the spiders for other kids. Till one day I picked one up to move it for a frightened friend. And it bit me. I thought I was going to die. After that, all spiders scared the crap out of me. Then, when in high school, I'd mow the neighbor's lawn. We're talking south of New Orleans here. Between their trailer and the trees would be HUGE webs, at full chest level, with a banana spider smack in the middle of each. I'd push the mower at a run while ducking under the web. Finally, after months of terror, I started asking the dad to knock down the webs before I mowed. I HATE SPIDERS.
I'm sure there are others. Maybe next Wednesday? Till I run out of heebie jeebie stuff? Let's hear yours!
Until I write again ...
Spiders are the ickiest thing ever, next to roaches. Blech! If you really want to get that skin-crawly feeling, go Google "clock spider" then come back to yell at me. One day, I must tell you about the youth group trip to Fort St. Phillip (aka - banana spider paradise).
That said, mushrooms are the greatest thing to ever be put on a fork. I don't know you anymore. :(
Ft. St. Phillip? Beaucoup banana spiders? Do I have to hear it? And I couldn't find the spider clock. Kinda grateful. :)
I don't like olives either. Or tomatoes.
People who mispronounce things...you would hate my inlaws, they come up with some of the weirdest stuff.
I agree spiders are icky!!
Oh, don't get me started on in-laws. Some of them give me the heebie jeebies!
People who breathe loud. OK, I get that they need to breathe, but I don't need to hear it from thirty feet away. Yuck!
I love wolf spiders!!! Not that I like to touch them or anything. I figure they eat all the things I don't like; therefore, I like them. And I don't mind them in the same room as me either. :)
BUT, I can't stand any kind of spit/slobber noises or seeing lots of spit in someone's mouth. Oh goodness, I'm gonna hurl right now!
And people who have a cold and breathe out of their nose, and it smells gross like hot snot! Gag me! Ick!!!
Okay, I gotta stop cause I will hurl in a second. hahahahaha!!!
BBM and Jeni - I SO agree about the whole loud breathing thing (or cold mouth-breathing). It's nearly as bad as eating noises. Yuck. Jeni, don't hurl.
Oh sweet fancy Moses...I googled Clock spider and EW EW EW EW!!! If that thing was in my house, I'm afraid I wouldn't have stop running YET!! EEEEEK!
Post a Comment