Jan Parrish, over at Bold & Free (I love that name) has tagged me for a meme. I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do anymore for awhile, but this one is short and fun. And I'm going to preface it with a "stupid" update.
My Little Guy broke his glasses. AGAIN. Snapped the bridge of the nose clean in two. Friday during school. So I made an eye appointment for this morning, upset that we'll have to wait till Friday to actually get the glasses. And I just shelled out way too much money last fall for a new pair, after he broke his new ones. Grr.
So we get to the optometrist, fill out all the paperwork, only to find that our insurance won't pay for a new exam or glasses till March, which was when he had the last exam. Double grr.
Supremely frustrated, I took him down the street to the Neighborhood Walmart Marketplace and picked out a pair of $20 reading glasses, prescription 3.00. He puts them on, loves the funky black plastic frames, and says they're the perfect lenses. His prescription is very near 3.00 (it took him a long time to learn to read partly because the print was like tiny ants on the page). So all this time I could have been buying him cheap reading glasses from WalMart?!? I know, I know, he needs his prescription. And we'll see, after a couple of days in school, whether or not these cause him problems. But REALLY. I mean. Come on. Grr.
Alrighty then! Back to the meme. A simple one, it is, with the only rule being to list reasons why it's great to be me. :)
1. Because I'm a red head.
2. I have three of the greatest kids ever.
3. My husband beats all others, hands down (yes, it IS a competition).
4. God has blessed me with health, a nice home, two cars which work and food in my pantry.
5. I am blessed with two gorgeous dogs. Oh, and Lou the Loud.
6. Because I'm in grad school!
7. Because I have lots of great friends, including this online blogging community.
8. My wonderful extended family.
9. I am a the daughter of the King, a princess!
That's all I can think of right now, but it makes me feel better. You should try it. Go ahead, give it a whirl, even if you don't have a blog. Feels good.
Until I write again ...