Here are the rules.
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
So Dlyn has tagged me for another meme. I'm guessing she knows how much I love these things. :P And what better one than six quirky things? See, if I were quirky, this would make for an interesting post, but since I'm NOT ...
Alright already. Here.
1. I blow on my hands and fingers when I'm nervous. My husband makes fun of me for it, or he'll use it as a cue that something's wrong and I'm not clued in. It's because my palms and fingers sweat when I'm nervous. They do! Stop it!
2. My son thinks it's strange that I talk to the dogs (65 pound Australian shepherds) like they're babies. Everyone does this with their dogs, right?.
3. I don't like TV. There. I said it. I'll tolerate it for awhile. I'll even get into a series, like CSI, but I'll usually lose interest half a season in and stop watching again. I just don't see the sense in TV when I have good books and good blogs.
4. When I speak to family my southern accent comes out. Strong sometimes.
5. I like snakes. But you already knew that, didn't you? When I was in high school, attending summer camp in the woods of eastern Mississippi, one of the counselors caught a large rat snake and I asked to hold it. And fell in LOVE. When I was in college I had a little garter snake that I'd let curl around my neck all the time. I'd take walks around campus and it would move to the top of my head, where it would bask in the warmth of the winter sun. I attended a Christian school, so this was particularly fun for me when a tourist would stop me to ask questions. Eventually the snake would poke it's head up to look around and the tourist would slowly back away.
6. When I shower, or dress, or brush my teeth, I do everything in the same order every time. Or I'll forget a step. Or just forget what I'm doing. I'm told that's an ADD thing, so I don't lose track of myself, or I'd never get clean or dressed.
Now go on! Leave be alone! Oh, and I tag Mayberry Magpie , Tanya the Art Butcher, The Color of Home, and Confessions of a Karate Mom. It's not six. Deal with it.
Until I write again ...
Do you blow on your hands and fingers , stick them under your armpits, and then smell them? Oh wait, SNL flashback.
Enjoyed your post. Isn't it fun to list quirks that don't come up in regular topics?
Thanks for the tag! I had fun with it!
You are right, everyone coos at their dogs. Not quirky enough so I guess that means you'll have to rewrite it. LOL.
That was fun! I think a lot of people have nervous habits (or maybe even EVERYONE!). I play with my hair. My hubby looks at the floor and turns sideways (but don't tell him I told you). My youngest wrinkles up her nose. Great post.
#4...me too. Y'all.
I rarely baby talk to the dogs. Usually I'm ranting to them about something.
I, too, do most things in the same order. And I'm not ADD.
The Magpie's working on it! My post will be up soon.
Hey Flea! I baby talk my dog kids too and I think its quirky to not! I also have a song for each dog all their own. Oh my that's the living in a musical thing from my 6 quirky things. Oh well they love it.
Snakes though....well I like you anyway.
Post a Comment