Today's meme brought to you by I'm Being Held Hostage, at In the Gutter. Let's all give her a round of applause.
First, the rules:
1. Each blogger answers the questions about themselves.
2. Then tag five people. Make sure to let them know! :)
What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
1. I can barely remember yesterday, much less 10 years ago. 1998 I had a four year old. three year old, and nearly one year old. You tell ME what I was doing. I was actually doing quite a bit of smocking, living in Florida in a rental. Miserable. Big as a house. Yuck.
Five things on my to-do list today
1. Find the cows. Seriously. I'm starting to worry. Marty Stuart hasn't brought them out of hiding, they're not in the basket in my van, no one in the house will own up to having tampered with them. I've even gone through the trash (thank you, Harmony!) This is getting silly. Grr.
2. Lunch with a good friend.
3. Take Little Guy to the ENT to talk about enlarged tonsils.
4. Call the insurance company about the roof and the hail storm.
5. Laundry. Grr.
Snacks I enjoy
1. Chips - most kinds. Mmm.
2. Beef sticks or jerky
3. Five things? Chocolate chips and peanut putter on a spoon.
4. Taco Bueno's cheesecake bites (about once every two or three months)
5. Granola bars - I like salty and crunchy!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Pay the taxes first
2. Freak out a little
3. Give 20% to my church
4. Start a fund for feeding the homeless locally
5. Contribute massively to the local battered women's shelters
Five of my bad habits
1. Ooo. I don't like this one. Biting my cuticles. I'm reminded of that because one is infected and it's hard to type.
2. Spending way too much time blogging
3. Leaving my crap everywhere - getting better
4. Emotionally eating
5. Five - where did I put number five? Oh yeah! Forgetting where things are because I can't see them
Five places I have lived
1. Buras, Louisiana
2. Tulsa, OK
3. Rockville, MD
4. Fredericksburg, VA
5. Winter Springs, FL
Five jobs I’ve had
1. Grocery store - I don't know what to call it. I automated the store when they were moving to scanners - very cool job
2. Day care pre-school teacher - another cool job, since they let me have snakes and mice in the classroom
3. Telephone operator for a credit union in downtown DC. LOVED working 3 blocks from the capitol!
4. Smocking instructor for a small specialty sewing store
5. Substitute teacher - most frightening job EVER!
What I’d like to be doing in 25 years
1. I'll be 65! Hmm ... graduating with my masters? Finally?
2. Playing with half-grown grand-children
3. Writing books
4. Playing the accordion
5. Traveling around the country with my Hunny
Ha! I did it! And I'm tagging Harmony first! Maybe only Harmony. No, also tagging Zobabe, since she seems to need an excuse to post. :) And that's it. Done.
Oh, and if anyone has any ideas about where to find my cows, please speak up. I appreciate y'all's input this morning (see previous post), but none of it has panned out. I've yet to follow up on Dlyn's idea. I'll be scouring the highways and byways this afternoon after lunch.
Until I write again ...
I used to be a substitute teacher too and, I agree, it is a scary job! No amount of money is worth that amount of stress!
Good job with the MEME!!!!
Thanks Flea, I've had four spoonfulls of PB and chocolate chips since I read this...
I was thinking what if the cows really did just get up and walk away? You know them best, where do you think they would like to go. Look there!
Also, maybe they are under the counter?
I think Fred and Bessie have been cow-napped. Have you looked around for a ransom note? You don't see any tire marks around the cutting board where someone might have loaded them up, do you?
I hope they turn up soon. I enjoy their adventures.
When I lose things I usually find them in the cupboard above the fridge. Or in the freezer.
Oh and coincidentally I do tend to keep my cow in the freezer until its ready to go on the the grill
No ransom notes so far. And Audra you crack me up! I would NEVER keep them in the freezer, but I can understand why you do. :)
I think someone kidnapped them. You should want for a randsom note.
Um. You'd better find those cows. I need those cows. Seriously.
I second the ransom thought . . . maybe hubs is trying to mess with you.
What is a smocking job...I am clueless about sewing..I really am.
I have never been tagged before...this is kind of exciting!!! Can't wait to read your meme, and then work on my own!
That was a pretty cool meme. And I agree..I can't imagine a more miserable job than substitute teaching.
BTW, I have a little bloggy bling for you at my place. :)
Lou the Loud loves milk. Is he acting suspicious?
Post a Comment