My face-to-face and bloggy friend, Lisa, the Karate Mom, (she introduced me to the world of blogging - she's my pusher) has tagged me with a meme! YAY! I love memes! And if someone out there has tagged me and I forgot and didn't do it (that's usually the only circumstance for my not doing a tagged meme), please remind me? My brain falls out sometimes.
So here it is, one I've done in the past, but the answers have changed somewhat. And today I WILL be tagging. I'm feeling ornery that way. So duck if you see it coming, 'k?
5 things on my list to do today:
1. Go to orientation at the psychiatric hospital (last day! Tomorrow is job shadowing at the facility I'll be working)
2. Take Little Guy to a birthday party
4. Make dinner - ideas anyone?
5. Read your blogs!
5 Snacks I enjoy:
2. String cheese
4. Chocolate in any form
5. Cheese puffs
5 things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire:
1. Pay off the house and student loans
2. Buy new vehicles which consume less gas
3. Donate to local shelters of many sorts
4. Find a good financial planner and put a good chunk where they recommend, after checking up on it all
5. Plan a vacation west next summer
5 bad habits:
1. I fidget, meaning I tap my fingers, the heels of my hands, feet. I also blow on my fingers and hands. My fingers like rhythm. That song in my head, you know.
2. Interrupting when someone's speaking
3. According to Little Guy, I like to keep really old stuff (I'm a pack rat, folks)
4. He also says I exaggerate, rather "like Jack Sparrow". Something about intonation and being a little dramatic in speech. I don't THINK so.
5. Stepping over things which are laying on the floor
5 places I have lived:
1. Buras, LA Y'all, I fought back tears watching this
2. Fredericksburg, VA
3. Winter Springs, FL
4. Natchitoches, LA
5. Tulsa, OK!
5 jobs I have had:
1. Data entry at grocery store (I automated the store, bringing everything online back in 1986) mentioned at this site and so much more than its replacement
2. Day care pre-school teacher
4. Smocking instructor here
5. Substitute teacher
5 things people don’t know about me:
1. Is there nothing y'all don't know about me? I don't think so! Hmm.
2. Yes, I'm starting with 2. I wear a size eleven shoe. Hate shoe shopping because of it.
3. I was adopted as a child, by my dad
4. As much as I love the internet and all my bloggy friends, I mostly despise technology and new ways of doing things
So there. Now to tag! Five people, right? I try to tag people I'm newer to reading, so I'm starting with Her Hawtness, Tranny Head. Yes, you. Also Mighty Morphin' Mama, who's currently in the family way. Hee. Oh, and Karen Deborah at Fresh Fixins. Her daughter is college age and knows so much about everything. I can't wait till my daughter's college age and knows even more than she does now, which is already much more than I know. Hmph.
Lessee ... There's Straight Shooter, whose husband, Big Shooter, just had a kidney removed (I don't think it was for fun), and whose daughter is sporting a neon pink arm cast. Finally, I've only recently begun reading her consistently, Laura-Peach, at Silence is Broken. Her life story has sucked me in, hook, line and sinker. Check it out, but break out the Kleenex.
Off to orientation. I'm tired now. I don't know how y'all do this every day, those of you nine to fivers. It's fun and all, but I miss my life at home. Some. I kinda like it, too.
Until I write again ...