Straight Shooter posted a meme last week which intrigued me. Initially I wasn't going to play along meme style, but I'd sampled too many things on the list and couldn't resist. I might even tag some of you at the end, so cover your eyes when you get to the bottom. :)
Here are the Rules:
a. Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
b. Bold all the items you’ve eaten. (I made them red so you could see them)
c. Cross out or italicize any items that you would never consider eating
1. Venison -It's just okay
2. Nettle tea - ummm ... anyone? Ew?
3. Huevos rancheros -Well Yum!
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile/alligator -Oh yummy, yummy! People lie when they say it tastes like chicken. More like pork.
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue -Mmmm! With big chunks of French bread!
9. Borscht - This is SO GOOD. Had it for Christmas one year with a friend who visits the Ukraine.
10. baba ghanous
11. Calamari - can't even begin to tell you how much I love this - if it's fresh and not fried too long
12. pho - huh?
13. PB&J sandwich - Waaaay too many of these growing up
14. Aloo gobi - again ... huh?
15. hot dog from a street cart - As a newlywed I worked two blocks from the Nation's Capital and ate cart dogs at least once a week *sigh* I miss them
16. Epoisses - ummm ...
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream - It was okay, but not something I'd choose
21. Heirloom tomatoes - oh guh-ross
22. Fresh wild berries - blackberries all summer growing up!
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans - Mondays in Louisiana - are you kidding me? To die for! I'll be making red beans and rice this week!
25. Brawn, or head cheese - couldn't pay me enough to try this...
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - no freakin' idea, but I'm not going there
27. Dulce de leche - again, not something I'd choose, but okay
28. Oysters - love, love, love them lightly breaded and fried, especially on a po boy. But raw? Why eat snot willingly?
29. Baklava - Oh. My. Word. YES.
30. Bagna cauda - excuse me?
31. Wasabi peas - can't say I have
32. Clam chowder - this is the Hunny's all time favorite soup. I like it well enough.
33. Salted lassi - is this dog? Or young girl?
34. Sauerkraut - Oh heavens no. I only like it bigos, my MIL's Christmas stew
35. Root beer float - yummy!
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - skip the cigar, thank you
37. Clotted Cream Tea - I've had clotted cream on fresh scones, but not a fan of tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - sounds intriguing, though
39. Gumbo - Oh my heavens, yes! Grew up on this one and crave it every winter!
41. Curried goat - not a curry fan, but I'd try goat
42. Whole insect- Okay - insects are where I draw the line
43. Phaal - huh?
44. Goat’s milk - not so much
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/€80/$120 or more - not that expensive, but I'd definitely try it, given the chance
46. Fugu Fugu to eating blowfish!
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel - evidently this is another line
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - I like Shipley's better
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi - what? Are they just making this stuff up?!
53. Abalone - this I'd try
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - Well duh. I likes a Big Mac
56. Spaetzle - sounds yummy
57. Dirty gin martini - this is one I've never had much desire to try, but I would
58. Beer - mmmm .... beer
59. Poutine - y'all are pulling my leg
60. Carob chips - my mind can't be fooled, it's not the real deal. Chocolate is chocolate.
61. S’mores - not a big fan - too sticky
62. Sweetbread - my college roommate was a butcher's daughter - not touchin' it
63. Kaolin - again with the made up food?
66. Frogs’ legs - once
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears, and funnel cake - you forgot sopapias! All good!
68. Haggis - gag
69. Fried plantain - Love it!
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - stop it already!
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - umm ... umm ... no? Never?
76. Baijiu - oh geez
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - mmmm ... fruit pie
78. Snail - Alexandria, Virginia, on a date, and my date convinced the waiter to let me keep the shells. Pretty good stuff. Too much butter.
79. Lapsang souchong - good night Irene!
80. Bellini - sounds good
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict - My MIL loves this. Not bad for eggs
83. Pocky - whosy whatsy?
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant - Huh?
85. Kobe beef - Want to try it
86. Hare - Family friend from Honduras made this for us - it was just okay. Or was that squirrel?
87. Goulash - Another one I'd like to try
88. Flowers - Nasturtium
89. Horse - I don't THINK so
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam - I actually am fond of Spam - and Vienna sausages
92. Soft shell crab - mmmmmmmmmm ...
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish - Not a huge fan
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox - I think I had this in Minnesota. Mmm!
97. Lobster Thermidor - does lobster count?
98. Polenta - once - liked it okay
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - Oh so heavenly
100. Snake - uh, no.
All that said, I've had octopus and turtle, too. Mmm. Pretty good stuff. And crawfish should go without saying.
No tags. Play if you'd like.
Until I write again ...