Scribbit ran a Q&A this morning which she asked around the dining room table with her family. They have interesting minds, her children. While I'd love to ask my kids these questions, and probably will at some point, I thought I'd answer them here myself. Feel free to ask the people you live with how they'd answer.
1. If you could have a super power what would it be?
I'm really kinda partial to her Andrew's suggestion of shooting cupcakes from his fingertips. But I don't much care for cupcakes. I think my super power might be to talk to animals. I know I already talk to my animals. Shut up. I'd be able to understand them. Which might be highly unsatisfying when it comes to my dogs and their simple brains.
2. If you could be a ruler of any country which would it be?
Alaska! Wait. No. Um. Switzerland. Not sure why. Or New Zealand.
3. If you could live a movie in a real life which would it be?
Definitely nothing scary or gory. And not anything idiotic. Not ET. Not Pirates of the Caribbean. And not Girl Interrupted. I think maybe Arsenic and Old Lace. Because who wouldn't want to be next to Cary Grant in real life?
4. If you could play a professional sport which would it be?
Curling. What? It's an Olympic sport. Don't tell me it's not a professional sport. Oh alright. I'd play basketball. Eight years in high school and college and it's my first love.
5. If you were to be stuck on desert island and allowed only one food which food would it be?
Not ramen. When I was stuck on the desert island of a dorm room in college, it's pretty much what I ate every day. Done with that. Probably red beans and rice with sausage. Mmm. Nutritious and delicious!
6. If you could hang out with a famous person for a day who would it be?
Does it have to be a really well known celebrity, or can it be a minor celebrity? I think I'd like to hang out with - geez, this is tough. I don't care much for celebrities. Hmm. Cary Grant.
7. If you had to give up one of your five senses which would you choose?
My sense of direction. I think it's already missing anyway.
8. If you could witness an historical event which would it be?
The parting of the Red Sea and the subsequent closing thereof and swallowing of the Egyptian army. Or the crossing of the Alps by Hannibal's elephants and their entrance on the other side.
9. If you could have written any book which would it be?
Oh geez. Any book? The Narnian Chronicles, specifically the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I'm almost afraid to see what they'll do to that one as a film. It's the next one, you know. My absolute favorite. If not a chronicle, then Lewis', That Hideous Strength.
10. If you had to live somewhere besides where you live right now where would it be?
Nowhere! I love it here! I live in Tulsa on PURPOSE! Why would I live anywhere else? Maybe somewhere on the east coast, so I could visit so many of my favorite bloggers. Or the west coast, so I could visit the rest of them.
11. If you could be an animal what would it be?
A buffalo! They're protested by law, right? And they're rude and huge and charge people.
12. If you had to go and take a class for a week to learn how to do something new what would it be?
Not sky diving, that's for sure. I think making stained glass. Or maybe a Wilton cake decorating class. If I could eat what I make. Not the stained glass. That would produce too much blood.
Have your own fun with this! And answer some of these in the comments? I'm interested to hear your answers!
Until I write again ...