Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day Q&A
MeMaw posted a list of questions to ask mom and it's perfect for Mother's Day. My own mother can feel free to answer these questions. Mom?
1. What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom? I would have been more open and emotional with the kids.
2. Why did you choose to be with my father? It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Really. And lust. Lust played a huge part in the decision.
3. In what ways do you think I'm like you? See Friday's post. And you were all adopted.
4. Which one of us kids did you like the best? Oh geez. The one who listened and did as they were told. The one who mouthed off the most. The one who never cleaned their room. The one who climbed the highest. The one who played quietly when I had a migraine.
5. Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have? Live like there's no tomorrow. Love well, but not indiscriminately. Don't kiss on the first date. Or the second. Even the third. How about not till you're married?
6. Do you think it's easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family? I think it will probably be about the same. It's all about the choices you make. The choices you and your spouse make.
7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents? No. In fact, there are probably things I wish I hadn't asked. Like where do babies come from. I wish I still didn't know the answer to that one. Ow. The stork brings them, sweetie.
8. What's the best thing I can do for you right now? Send me to a spa for the week. And finish your own laundry. And clean your room without my asking. And make good grades!
9. Is there anything that you wish had been different between us -- or that you would still like to change? I would have protected you so much more. Now I just want you to be independent and happy and lovers of God. I want to be home with you all on weekends.
10. When did you realize you were no longer a child? Last week sometime, I think.
Happy Mother's Day, all!
Until I write again ...
Who wrote this? Flea When? 06:02
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet . . .
Happy Mom's Day! : D
And you REALLy think I would answer all those questions for everyone to know just how screwed up a mother I am? HAH!!!
I figure kids are here so parents can mess with their minds. Actually - I've got 4 wonderful grown up kids I'm extremely proud of - so I must have done something right.
Awww this was good, Flea!
Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
Lots to think on here....
Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day, Flea!
good post Flea! Happy Mothers day to you!
Very Sweet. Hope you had a great Mom's Day.
I love the description of birth! Lest we forget! :)
HUGS TO YOU THE DAY AFTER MOTHER'S DAY! :)
Post a Comment